- Full Time Seasonal Work!
- We require approximately 60 workers seasonally starting late April or early May.
- Most of the field work completes in October and then the best ~15 workers are transitioned to the packing line until carrots run out.
- This is a seasonal position with an average of minimum 40 hours per week – fluctuates between 30-80 hours per week.
- Manitoba minimum wage or as per ESDC’s Wages by Agricultural Commodity for Fruits & Vegetables in Manitoba – currently $11.95
- Bonus may be available depending on crop success & individual performance & attitude
- Planting, maintaining, hoeing, harvesting, packing crops (mainly strawberries & vegetables)
- Cleaning & maintenance (farm yards, buildings and equipment)
- Other duties as required on the farm
Terms of Employment
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing either English or Spanish
- Must be willing and able to work during daylight hours as early as 6am and as late as 9pm including weekends as required by the crop stage & weather conditions. One day off per week will be determined by the crop needs & weather.
- Must be able to do physical labour – standing, sitting, kneeling, lifting 50 lbs.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination
- Must be willing to work outside, be reliable, be a Canada citizen or legal resident of Canada.
- Must be either a Canadian citizen or a legal resident of Canada.
- Regular sanitizing of high touch surfaces
- All employees must wear masks indoors at the workplace.
- All employees must be fully vaccinated or have a documented, valid medical exemption as per the Province of Manitoba’s Exemption guidelines
- No education or work experience required